May 08, 2009

Stamp envy.

I've been getting some seriously good stamp action here in London. Every piece of maven post that comes through my door has a different attractive stamp on it.

I thought it was about time I shared:







And now I have a confession. I went to see the lady in the post office today, in a quest to have some impressive stamps of my own to glorify envelopes. But oh no, it wasn't to be. Apparently the Royal Mail only tends to do that sort of thing at Christmas. So, my fellow mavens, unless I manage to somehow can my hands on the few rare decorative stamps that are floating around, you're stuck with the Queen's head. I'll try and manage some pretty colours at least, but that's the best I can do for about seven months.

2 comments:

  1. What about online? That's where I ordered really good stamps from the us post office. Is england the same?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too had to order my Poe stamps. In any case, isn't it what's inside that counts?

    ReplyDelete